All posts in Uncategorized

Retail first case

Sometimes, data quality is just a number. The client in this case, a well-known retailer in the Netherlands, had an overall data quality of 98%. Almost all tags functioned correctly. But the ones that didn’t had quite an impact on the business, especially on the conversion attribution. 

Besides web analytics, many companies also use conversion attribution tools, to determine which campaigns (banners, ads, and emails) lead to a conversion. So did this particular client. They also were aware of their data quality, which was 98%. Not a bad score of course, but the remaining 2% was in a very specific area and had quite an impact. Because after implementing Qmon, we found that the campaign tags were not always set

Read more

Fashion Case

The purpose of Qmon is allowing you to make better data driven decisions. In many cases the insights Qmon delivers are used to take action on improving your online business. But they can also prevent you from carrying out investments that would later be proved unnecessary. Here’s a case in which Qmon saved a client a massive amount of time and labour. 

As the Gartner study Measuring the Business Value of Data Quality stated in 2011, Data quality effects overall labour productivity by as much as 20% and poor data quality is a primary reason for 40% of all business initiatives failing to achieve their targeted benefits. The client in this case is a global fashion brand. Although the maturity of their online business could be considered medium, their data quality was at 93%. They did however have an issue in their web analytics data. Read more